Creating an Image of my C to DVR-R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by montevideano, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montevideano

montevideano Registered Member

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a bootable DVD-R of my C drive, which contains my XP Pro files and all my programs. My C drive is a partition of 30 GB but has 7 GB of data.

My question is:

Will the image created by 7 GB or do I need DVD-R for 30 GB?

Thanks for your help,

Montevideano o_O o_O

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Montevideano,

Welcome to the Acronis True Image forum.

Depending on the type of data residing on your C: drive (mp3, jpg, mpeg and avi files are already heavily compressed), using TI's "Normal" compression level will probably result in a total image file size of around 4.6GB to 5GB.

In case you haven't read it, this <previous thread> provides instructions on how to create a bootable DVD that contains the Acronis boot rescue application plus your TI image file. I recommend that you read through the whole thread and then choose either wdormann's original procedure or my updated version.

Regards

3. montevideano

montevideano Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have been pretty busy and didn't realized I had a reply from you. I'm planning to ready carefully the thread on how to make a bootable dvd, and see if in the next few days I can attempt to make one.

Thanks for your help.

Montevideano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.