Creating an Image of my C to DVR-R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by montevideano, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montevideano

montevideano Registered Member

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a bootable DVD-R of my C drive, which contains my XP Pro files and all my programs. My C drive is a partition of 30 GB but has 7 GB of data.

My question is:

Will the image created by 7 GB or do I need DVD-R for 30 GB?

Thanks for your help,

Montevideano o_O o_O

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Montevideano,

Welcome to the Acronis True Image forum.

Depending on the type of data residing on your C: drive (mp3, jpg, mpeg and avi files are already heavily compressed), using TI's "Normal" compression level will probably result in a total image file size of around 4.6GB to 5GB.

In case you haven't read it, this <previous thread> provides instructions on how to create a bootable DVD that contains the Acronis boot rescue application plus your TI image file. I recommend that you read through the whole thread and then choose either wdormann's original procedure or my updated version.

Regards

3. montevideano

montevideano Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have been pretty busy and didn't realized I had a reply from you. I'm planning to ready carefully the thread on how to make a bootable dvd, and see if in the next few days I can attempt to make one.

Thanks for your help.

Montevideano

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.