Creating a new boot disk for each new build?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Colvin, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

Is it abolutely necessary to create a new Boot Disk for each new build that comes out? If there have been no hardware changes then I wouldn't think one should have to be made. However, perhaps there is far more happening with the interelationship between the Boot Disk and program than I am aware of. For example, just a short while ago I created a new Boot Disk for 8.0 build 889. Now, build 903 is out. So, again, is it necessary to burn yet another Boot Disk CD for build 903? or can I continue to rely upon the one I created with 889?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Jeff

2. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

From My Own Experience,I Keep One Good Build That I Know Works Well And Doesn't Take More Than Normal To Boot (CD-R), + The Last Build (CD-RW) Unless Has Problems Or Is Slow Booting

If Your Older Build Works Good In Performance With No Problems,Keep That One For Backup On A CD-R And Create New Boot CD'S On A CD-RW Each Time A New Build Comes Out.

Build 903 Seems To Be A Good Build As Far As I Can See For Now !

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I believe it's sound practice to do so. Even if your old boot CD worked just fine, you never know about subtle changes that can bring incompatibilities about between Creating an Image via a newer version of Windows TI and Restoring an Image via an older version of the Boot CD (Linux TI).

Besides, CD blanks are so inexpensive, it just doens't make sense not to do it on general principle. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.