Creating a Bootable rescue set

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andrewr, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewr

andrewr Guest

Heya all,

Is it possible with True Image 7 (build 584) to create a bootable rescue image, spanning several CD's in needed.

I have a machine that is mission critical (911 call center logging and database) as such I cannot take that machine offline for longer than a reboot and only then when ABSOLUTLEY needed.

What I would like to do, is create a rescue image of that machine, and have it either a: burned directly to multiple cd's , or b: create the set sized images and then burn them to cd.

I suspect the b option is the one that is going to most reccomended, and if it is, is there a special switch that needs to be run (IF) I ever need to recover this machine. 1. Insert rescue CD, 2. insert 1st disk of image set, 3. Pray hard.

I know I may have mumbled there a bit, but any info/advice would be great.

Thanks
    Andrew

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

You can follow my instructions for creating a bootable rescue DVD set if you like.

But if you're going the CD route, I'm not sure what the advantage would be over using the standard rescue CD plus the image CDs that you've created with the software. (Since you'll most likely be switching CDs anyway, it won't make much of a difference)

3. andrewr

andrewr Guest

Thank you for your very prompt response.

So am I correct in my assumptions that you can span the image over several cd's without the recovery dying on me?

THanks
    Andrew

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Yes.

You can either back up directly to CD, and ATI will automatically span discs as necessary. Or you can image to hard drive first, and then burn to CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.