Create Server Group with Exclusions

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by BD_OMEGA, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD_OMEGA

BD_OMEGA Registered Member

Hi All,

I am fairly new to ERAC/ESET and would like to know how I could go about creating a group just for a Clients Servers keeping it sepearate from the Workstations. Looking at the ERAC Console it has the defauly policy names etc. I am trying to exclude certain this from being scanned or monitored as ESET ESFW has screwed up my Exchange 2010.

2. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

Yes, and it is good idea to have separate group and separate policy for servers. Make static group and add your servers manually, using Group Manager. Then define new policy with needed settings and assign it to this group, using Policy Manager.

3. BD_OMEGA

Okay great, let me see if I can work this out. I will keep you posted. If anyone else has any other ideas please feel free to add your comments.

4. BD_OMEGA

Okay so I created the Static Group Named Servers (ESFW Static Group)

So before I use Policy manager I will need to move the Servers to the new Static Group correct? if so how would I just copy the Servers to the policy and not the entire clients as it will bring in the Workstations also correct?

Bill...

5. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Right click the server, select "Add to Group".

6. BD_OMEGA

lol, silly Billy.............proabably going to need to read through some documentation on the exclusions etc.

Bill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.