create one-click restore - possible from bootable rescue media or bootable agent?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by elbonte, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elbonte

elbonte Registered Member

Hello,
    I am trying to make a bootable one-click backup to a USB thumb drive. I need to do this without installing TI workstation on the PC that is being backed up.

I've run TI workstation from a bootable CD drive, but when trying to backup to the USB drive, I'm not given the option of creating the one-click backup.

After that, I ran the Bootable Agent from the CD and connected to the PC using TI management consol. Again, I'm not given the option of creating the one-click restore.

Is it true, as it appears, that the only way of creating the one-click restore backup is by having TI workstation installed on the PC being backed up? How can I create the one-click restore, or an alternative nearly-automated restore from a USB thumb drive, without having to install TI workstation on the computer?

This is a commercial computer system that cannot have any extra software installed and the people that may have to do a system restore have ZERO technical ability so the restore has to be as simple as possible, as the one-click restore appears to be. Also, I do not have the option of using extra hardware (such as a USB CD drive) and the PC does not have an internal optical drive.

I'm using TI workstation 9.1.3666.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello elbonte,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation

One-Click restore option can be placed on removable media only, so you should format USB thumb drive as removable media not as hard drive. Depending on what operating system you use see the appropriate solution using the following KB article

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.