Create Incremental File Backup?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by FriendOfJah, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Registered Member

How does one use this wizard? I've created a full backup of my C: Drive using the Smart Backup wizard to my external ESATA drive which works just fine but takes a lot of time. According to an answer to a post on Facebook, I was told for an incremental backup to use this Create Incremental File Backup wizard. I started the wizard and it asks me to Browse for Archive. I navigate to the correct external drive and the latest full backup folder. I expand the folder and click on the .PBF file. At this point it tells me, "The Wizard could not use archive G:/.../Full Backup 10-27-11.PBF as base for file backup. The following error had occurred: Improper type of base archive." What is the proper type of base archive to use then to work with this incremental wizard? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided. :)

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Mine give the same message. The incremental is for a file based backup but the manual for both BR10 Home and BR11 Home seem to indicate that the program has the technology to do it on top of a sector-based image. But I may be reading that wrong.

What seems to choke Paragon at times is the "complex" backup where more than one partition is included and the second partition can just be backing up the MBR in the same run.

If you think this might be the case try making a backup of only 1 partition and then trying it.

Let us know if it works or not.

3. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Registered Member

seekforever - Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt that Paragon makes a great product, but their documentation just plain stinks! They need clearer directions for the rest of us on how to do things with their products. I would suggest even training videos using a program like Camtasia to walk users through the process. I will try doing a single partition backup and then see if I can use the incremental file backup wizard after that. I'll let you know what happens. I might just have to call their technical support for help too. :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.