Create IFD and Bootit cd

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by King FN Kong, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

been checkin out terabyte softwares lately, reading good things about them from here and they turn out to be damn great.

anybody try to create a bootable cdrom whit image for dos ang bootit?? would be nice to have both of them on a cd instead of carrying floppies around.

chris

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Chris

Don't use bootit, but I have IFD on CD's The programs that come with IFD do that directly. You are right it is indeed nice.

Pete

3. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

What can IFD do, that BootIt can't do? If there is no answer to that a Boot-CD with BootIT should cover everything, no?

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

There are some differences in each one's imaging capabilities but for many of us, they are very similar. (One thing BING cannot do is directly burn a bootable image to a CD/DVD.) In my case, I liked the focused purpose of IFD. And it was cheaper! :D

Here's a comparison chart http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/prodgrid.html

5. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

well, ive been using both of them these past few days. restore image more than 20 times a day. ifd images and restores faster faster faster than bootit.

lol, i thought they were crappy judging from the website and the ugly looks but man i was wrong. (works perfectly with firstdefense which is cool too thanks to wilders members)

so, is it possible to have a single cd which you can boot ifd and bootit? (hate to carry multiple flopps or cds for these)

anybody tried making one?

thanks

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Not from using the make disk utility that Terabyte provides. You may be able to independently create a bootable CD that gives you a menu to choose one or the other. But would something like that interfere with IFD or BING? I have no idea.

And I agree about the first impression that Terabyte's website may give. But since I've been a user, my feelings are that the website kind of echoes the software. No frills, direct and to the point. It gets the job done...

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

LOL. I know IFD seems so unglamorous. All it does is work like it is supposed to, reliably.

8. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.