Create Bootable Rescue Media does not work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EnGenie, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

I have just downloaded an evaluation copy of TI 4940.

When I try to create a bootable image CD and select my CD-RW drive as the target after placing a CD-R in the drive I get the error telling me the device is busy. See attached screenshot.

Selecting "retry" just returns the same error.

I've tried re-inserting a blank disk into the drive but the problem is repeated.

I am running Windows XP SP2 (fully patched).
    My DVD writer is an LG GSA-4160B.

Attached Files:

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

When you put the blank cd in the tray, leave the tray open and let the process (for making the bootable Rescue cd) close it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  3. EnGenie

I've just solved the problem :)

It was Nero InCD interfering with TI.

I changed the "Auto format" option from "Let InCD decide" to "Do nothing" and now TI creates the CD OK.

Attached Files:

• InCD.jpg
      InCD.jpg
      File size:
      46.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Yes, that is know ... you have to disable InCD. I don't know why Acronis doesn't say something to that effect in one of their software windows, or even a big bold warning when starting the software.

5. schatzoy

schatzoy Registered Member

That seems to be unfortunately the sales strategy of Acronis. They never tell you if there's a flaw you always have to find out yourself. Example: until not so long ago TIH was not able to do back-ups on DVD directly. You could not even know that by reading the fine print, only when you tried to burn a DVD and it did not work you started to get suspicious. And then after reading the fine print again and again you finally understood the marketing language in the manual and that burning a DVD directly from TIH was impossible.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi all,

InCD's (or any other UDF Packet Writing Software) Auto Format option should always be disabled as not only does it interfere with bootable rescue CD creation but it also causes problems when imaging direct to DVD.

Other well known workarounds for problems associated with creating the rescue CD are detailed in this <previous reply>.

Regards

7. EnGenie

Thanks for the advice :)

If I am backing up to a blank DVD-RW, is it best to format it as UDF before using it, or should I just let TI write to it as CDFS?

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

From TI 9.0 Home Build 3625 onwards you do not need to use third-party UDF packet writing software (e.g. InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk) to image to DVD. Therefore there is no need to UDF preformat the disks. Just make sure the disk is blank/erased and let TI record to it as CDFS.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.