Create bootable image with Recovery CD?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by BMErdin, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMErdin

BMErdin Registered Member

I'm currently testing out the Paragon Drive Backup 9 Personal ed.
    I've been able to create a bootable image on DVD from the application itself, which worked like a charm.
    I have also created a Recovery CD and used that to make an image on a PC but that image does not seem to be bootable. I need to boot to the Recovery Media first and then recover the image.

Is there a way to use to Recovery CD to make a bootable image on a DVD? That is, I do not want PDB9 installed on the computer being imaged/cloned.

Thanks in advance.

2. Paragon_Tony

Paragon_Tony Former Paragon Moderator

Hi BMErdin,

If you create a CD/DVD backup when booted from the Standard Recovery CD, the discs do not have the boot environment written to them. You would boot to your Recovery CD, then switch discs and insert your backup DVD when restoring.

If you wish to have the backup DVD boot the system you need will either need to install the product in Windows and backup to DVD from there, or you would need to purchase Professional Edition and create the DVD backups using the Advanced WinPE Recovery CD.

Please contact us directly for a discount if you are interested in upgrading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.