Crashing TrueImage 10 Trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oldtony, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldtony

oldtony Registered Member

I've loaded the current download of TrueImage 10 Eval on to the following system:
    Win XP SP2 Fully patched.
    Office Pro 2003 complete
    MS Visual Web Developer
    MS SQL Express
    Panda Internet Security 2007 with Firewall
    DVD Writer
    Nero OEM with InCD (current version)

Problem:
    I can backup any data files to DVD but when I try to backup Outlook 2003 Truemage 10 starts writing to DVD then crashes with following error -
    "E000807D4: Connection to the service is refused.
    The operation was terminated unexpectedly."

I then find these two entries in the XP event log -

"The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Archive is invalid or its type is unsupported. (0x400001)
    Tag = 0x5B2229AB74EF6533
    Cannot open archive for reading. (0x400002)
    path = "I:\OutlookBackup1.tib"
    Tag = 0x7967E78EC51EA9E7
    This is not the last volume of the backup archive. (0x40012)
    "

and then

"Faulting application trueimageservice.exe, version 10.0.0.4871, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x00010440.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

No problem however backing up anything else.
    I have MS OutlookBackup installed but when I remove this and re boot same problem.

Of all the backup software I've seen Acronis seems to be the one, but I can't buy until I can get it to work.

Hint: It shouldn't be the firewall or AV software as I can backup anything else. Or maybe accessing trueimageservice.exe only happens during Outlook backup.

Anyone have a clue.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oldtony,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that there is a known issue of Acronis True Image 10.0. Home with backing up messages, accounts and settings of Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 and Microsoft Outlook Express. We are aware of this issue and have already been forwarded it to Acronis Development Team. It will be fixed in the nearest future. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.