Crashing in windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brubaker, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brubaker

Brubaker Guest

Just installed TI 8 on a new HP DX6050 PC. When I click on "Create Image" the machine crashes and reboots. I tried uninstalling the same thing happens. I downloaded 8.59 - the same thing happens. whatever option I press the PC crashes!
    Any ideas please!!!!

2. Brubaker

Brubaker Guest

This is in addition - I've just tried it on another new HP machine this time a Pavilion model with the same results. It even crashed on installing when I clicked on 'Create bootable recue media'. I had disabled the firewall and AVG anti-virus so it can't be that.
    BBJ

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brubaker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. JohnK

JohnK Registered Member

Exactly the same thing happens to me (When I click on "Create Image" the machine crashes and reboots). It also happened when I tried to click the "create image" link during installation. I'm also on Windows XP SP2.

I'd be grateful if you would post any solution here.

JohnK

5. Acronis Support

Hello JohnK,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create the mini-dumps requested above and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. JohnK

JohnK Registered Member

Brubaker,

Did you ever get to a solution with this one? I had an identical problem and Acronis Support has been very helpful to me. Analysis of the minidump files suggested it was a clash between TI and the drivers for my PCI IDE controller card (an old Siig ATA 66 card). Although the card and drivers are old, my system is otherwise very stable, so I think I'll resign myself to uninstalling TI and looking for different disk imaging software. Unless you've come up with a different explanation...

JohnK

7. Acronis Support

Hello JohnK,

I haven't seen your correspondence with our Support Team but I would assume that it is possible to update your drivers to the newer version. This may help you to solve the problem and will allow you to use Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. JohnK

JohnK Registered Member

Thanks for the response. I do have the latest drivers for the Siig card, but it's an old card and there are no further updates for it. The card is about five years old and although they did release XP drivers, they are also now five years old. But until now I haven't considered replacing the card as TI is the first program to clash with it.

JohnK

9. Acronis Support

Hello JohnK,

I do understand your situation and I really didn't want to ask you to replace the card, only drivers. I suppose the newer driver that Acronis True Image uses may work properly with yours so I would recommend that you wait for the next build to see whether there the problem remains or not. Also you may use Acronis Bootable CD to create and restore images and clone disks so almost everyhting works even with current drivers.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello John,

New PCI IDE controller cards are "cheap as chips" as they say, certainly a whole lot cheaper then buying another imaging program!!

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.