Crashes With Avira Prem.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by WilliamP, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Lately I have been crashing every once and awhile. It is being caused by Avira. I was wondering if I am the only one?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Your the only one I've heard of here. At the Avira forum there may be others if your so inclined to check.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Can you explain what makes you think Avira is the cause?

4. WilliamP

I had been having some crashes on boot. I posted about them and someone told me about (Who Crashed) on replendence.com. It will tell you what caused the crash. When I posted here about Avira it said that Avira caused it. This morning I had another and it said it was Sandboxie. So who knows?

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You may be having other problems with your system unrelated to your security software.

6. siberianwolf

siberianwolf Registered Member

and so?
    so you coulda given the name of any other sw installed on your pc, based on your "criteria". you could say sbie, or any other security sw.
    i really doubt that that problem of yours is related to avira av.
    and from what you said, i doubt that it's possible to define the source of that problem.

7. WilliamP

Wolf ,I think you are correct. I have Avira Prem ,SBIE. And Defense wall. Of course at boot Avira is the only one running.

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would suggest running a quick memory test. It's easy and will save time and aggravation if a DIMM has failed. This happened to me once and I spent way too much time chasing after random bluescreens before thinking to suspect my hardware.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Well, sometimes it is really difficult to diagnose a situation, I can tell you for example that every 10-15 shutdowns my Vista computer crashes with a blue screen, and it is definitely related to Sandboxie and deleting the sandbox. Investigating further I'm now convinced that Sandboxie + Chrome 12 were responsible, as now with Chrome 13 it hasn't happened yet (keep my fingers crossed). Generally the main reason for such an occurrence is a conflict, which can be difficult to pinpoint the source. Sharing experiences can be very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.