Crash Analysis Wizard - Winternals

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by razor0018, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor0018

razor0018 Registered Member

I've been using this tool for years to diagnose the occassional BSOD and I love it. However Winternals got bought out many years ago and I am looking to upgrade this particular tool. Winternals became 'Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack' and I see that the pack is several hundred megabytes in size compared to Winternals small size. The only tool I used in Winternals is the crash recovery analysis.

In order to not waste HDD space is there anyway to download that tool seperately from Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack?

Or is there a similiar small tool that works just a great and easy as the former crash analysis wizard of Winternals?

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I still use my Winternals Admin Pak...and of course now the MDOP. There are a few BSOD tools out there that automate the BSOD analysis such as WhoCrashed, other names escape me at the moment but maybe someone else will chip in. As for your question about downloading a particular tool I'm unsure from MS, you gotta have the whole MDOP,..but I've seen them around - new ERD Commander (v6) aka Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset and looks exactly the same as ERD2005 but obviously updated for the new operating systems, I have mine as before as a LiveCD.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

razor0018, perhaps review BlueScreenView, from NirSoft, as an additional tool.

4. razor0018

razor0018 Registered Member

Update: I found a post where someone managed to extract an updated version of crash analyzer wizard from Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Tools as an msi installer. Thanks to all who replied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.