Crash after installing Business Smart Security 4 on Vista SP2 32bit.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ThinkN, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinkN

ThinkN Registered Member

after installing BSS 4 on Vista Business 32-bit systems hangs and/or crash.
    boots up into safe mode fine, but normal mode no luck.
    when booting up into normal mode, I need to ctrl alt delete as soon as I get into windows to stop both the eset process's.
    any suggestions?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, if the system freezes or BSOD occurs after installing EAV/ESS, convey a complete or at least kernel memory dump to ESET for perusal. For information how to generate a dump, see this KB article.

2, to troubleshoot any issues, try to narrow it down by following these general instructions for troubleshooting:

• disabling automatic real-time protection startup:
      Setup (F5) -> Antivirus and antispyware protection -> Real-time file system protection -> Start Real-time file system protection automatically
    • disabling Self-defense and Anti-Stealth:
      Setup (F5) -> Antivirus and antispyware protection -> Enable Anti-Stealth technology / Enable Self-defense

Restart the computer for changes to take effect.

If disabling real-time protection helps:
    • set real-time protection to scan only files with default extensions:
      Setup (F5) -> Antivirus and antispyware protection -> Real-time file system protection -> ThreatSense parameter Setup -> Extensions -> untick Scan all files

If the problem persists after disabling real-time protection:
    • disable HTTP checking as follows:
      Setup (F5) -> Antivirus and antispyware protection -> Web access protection -> HTTP,HTTPS -> untick Enable HTTP checking

Please let us know about your findings. Once you manage to create a dump, I'll provide you with further instructions.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.