CPUBalance Pro (from the developer of Process Lasso)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by clubhouse1, Dec 13, 2016.

1. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

CPUBalance is near-Freeware (Freemium) that contains ProBalance, Bitsum’s proven and real-world demonstrable technology to retain system responsiveness during high loads, or even save you from a hard reset during a worst-case scenario.

CPUBalance is unique in that it can either run independent of Process Lasso, or along-side Process Lasso, offering extended functionality over the ‘base’ ProBalance algorithm. That includes a sliding aggressiveness scale, an easy access system tray icon, and a newer ‘core technology’ than is available in Process Lasso, since it has a slightly longer development cycle due to its greater number of features.

Difference between Pro and Free?

At present, nothing except your name. That’s right, it is 100% free right now. That may change going forward with certain feature restrictions or such. For this first release, we just wanted to show off our technology. That said, now is the time to buy if you want the best deal, or want to support the project, and we very much appreciate that! *IF* we ever restrict features, it will be like Process Lasso, only those on the fringes.

Why not just go 100% freeware? Because developing Windows software is perhaps the most expensive common OS ecosystem to develop for. Digital signing, your own storefront and licensing, MSDN subscription, and so much more. It is amazing how much developers are charged, but that is a story for another day.

https://bitsum.com/cpubalance/

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Interesting, but I wonder if this stuff is needed on modern PC's with powerful hardware specs. And these kind of tools often try to modify system processes, I'm not comfortable with that.

3. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Process Lasso can be used as a security tool too, and yes, even on high end machines it is usefull. u can block processes and even more with it. I use it on my girlfirends Laptop to fully block Cortana in Windows 10 to start and other services not needed.. Process lasso is realy, realy stable and have some nice futures. U should look into it abit more. about cpubalance i can not say anything. never used it.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

not sure if a cpu-balancer is needed with current quad (or more) cores cpus. current OS can do themselve pretty good. for older single or dual core machines i can boost a bit but that it, in direct comparison to prolasso pointless. i have doubt for probalance, but i have it running here and i use core and priority sticking in most cases, because that is something windows has still poor ability, even on modern machines.

prolasso uses from my view a bit too much cpu power.

BTW current giveaway for lasso 8.9.8.52
    https://bitsum.com/computerbild/

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I've used it in the past, but I didn't really need it, plus I suspect on some systems it can cause data corruption problems. But I have never seen anyone else post about this, so the risk is probably quite small. Perhaps I will give CPUBalance Pro a try.

Yes, I also doubt it. Perhaps power users who run a lot of apps simultaneously may profit from it.

6. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

I have used process lassoo on a install that was sluggish and it did help a bit.

I did it to delay reinstalling basically :)

7. boredog

boredog Registered Member

"Q: What happens when Process Lasso and CPUBalance are both installed?
    A: When installed with Process Lasso, it and CPUBalance work together. They both use the same core engine, ‘processgovernor.exe’. So if you already have Process Lasso, this just extends the user interface and system tray icon, perhaps a newer core engine, and additional ProBalance tweaking."

8. guest

guest Guest

With earlier beta's of Process Lasso v9 both products could be installed at the same time (Process Lasso + CPU Balance)
    and a message was displayed after starting Process Lasso v9: "Do you want to deinstall CPU Balance?"

But with newer beta's of Process Lasso v9, CPU Balance is "silently" removed (without warning message) after Process Lasso was started.

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

You would be surprised, how many people with high-end PCs (last time i7/SSD/GTX1080) suffer from lags and stuttering, thanks to the bestest OS ever, Windows 10.

10. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

@mood I am sure you know this but just posting for clarity of others, this is because CPUBalance is integrated into Process Lasso v9 beta ...

This from the CPUBalance site:

'CPUBalance extends Process Lasso version 8 with the latest ProBalance controls and core engine available, and integrates perfectly with Process Lasso. Version 9 of Process Lasso has the SAME tech and user interface as CPUBalance, so it is not necessary. You should NOT use Process Lasso version 9 and CPUBalance together.'

11. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.48 Released

12. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.50 Released
    No Changelog

13. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

No point since its already incorporated into Process Lasso 9.

Its disabled after PL is updated and should be uninstalled.

14. guest

guest Guest

CPU Balance is only pointless for users of Process Lasso 9.

People who only need the ProBalance auto restraint features, can install CPU Balance instead of Process Lasso.
    If a more complex and expensive solution is needed, Process Lasso would be the right choice.

15. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.52 (Apr 24, 2017) Released

16. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.58 (May 01, 2017) Released
    Edit: new version

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  17. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.60 (May 09, 2017) Released
    Edit: v1.0.0.62 (May 11, 2017)

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  18. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.66 (May 24, 2017) Released

19. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.68 (Aug 01, 2017)

20. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.70 (April 04, 2018)
    Website
    no changelog available yet

21. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.72 (April 27, 2018)
    Website

22. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.74 (December 23, 2018)
    Website

23. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.76 (January 12, 2019)
    Website

24. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.78 (February 6, 2019)
    Website

25. guest

guest Guest

CPU-Balance v1.0.0.82 (June 19, 2019)
    Website

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.