CPU Usage Maxed

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by iShiftyKient, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iShiftyKient

iShiftyKient Registered Member

On my desktop, I get a major delay when opening IE or Mozilla - takes about 5-10 seconds before the homepage and other sites load up. The CPU Usage will automatically jump to 100% when loading up the homepage of IE/Mozilla, after loading it will settle back down to normal rates.

Desktop info:

XP Professional SP3
    ESET Antivirus v5709

My CPU usage never exceeds past 40-60 while browsing the internet. Started experiencing this issue 2 days ago, didn't report until now since i thought this was an ISP-related issue - which I've already ruled that out, I can access IE/Mozilla quite perfectly without this issue.

Already ran multiple full system scans with NOD with no detections at all, Also ran scans on Malware Bytes & Hitman Pro, also no detections. All scans were done in both normal/safe mode. While running in safemode, it seems that this delay doesn't occur.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried emptying the user and system temporary folders? If there's a lot of files inside, it can take longer to create temporary files during the download. A log from ProcMon might shed more light as well. However, the best would be if you could create a full dump of ekrn as follows when you experience the issue:
    1, download Procdump
    2, disable self-defense in EAV and restart the computer
    3, when you run into an issue with high cpu usage, run "procdump -ma ekrn"
    4, compress the ekrn dump and pm me for further instructions

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  3. iShiftyKient

I've just finishing clearing the temp folder, still getting this delay. Also ran the Process Monitor, I'm not quite sure how to read this :doubt:

[EDIT] Tried to run ProcDump, the CMD line automatically closes when it i open it?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. iShiftyKient

(Bump...)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Open a command prompt first (Start - Run and enter "cmd". Navigate to the folder containing ProcDump, then run it as instructed above). An alternative and easier way is by running the command from within a file manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.