couple questions about upgrading to version 3.0.621

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acillatem, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acillatem

acillatem Registered Member

Hi, I'm new here, and am coming up on my renewal date for NOD32, and have a couple questions. I have version 2.7 on 2 computers and have been very happy with this program ever since the day I gave NAV the axe and installed NOD32. That being said, I am renewing my license for 2 years, and as far as upgrading to the latest version.........is it still better to do an uninstall of version 2.7 before installing the latest, even though it says right on the site it will install right over a previous version? And, what is the besy way to do a thorough uninstall if I do? Last, what is the general consensus on the latest version? Am I better off waiting a little longer with my 2.7? What else should I know about the newest version If I do install it.........does it work just fine "out of the box" oro_O Thanks in advance!

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i thinks its better to uninstall previous version then install version 3.
    version 3 need more fix but overall its stable. if you satisfied with ver. 2.7 maybe you should keep it. :D

3. acillatem

The guy at ESET just told me when I renew and put my new username and password into the program, that it will automatically update it to the 3.0 version..........is this true? Kind of doesn't make sense to me.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Not in my experience. You only get version 3 if you are installing version 3, otherwise no, 2.7 won't automatically upgrade.

I too feel that a complete uninstall, reboot, and deletion of any remaining Eset folders (typically C:\Program Files\ESET) is best before installing the new version.

5. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

No No No. Uninstall 2.7 using Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode then reboot and use cCleaner issues then reboot and install 3.0. Work all the time for me and I have done this about 6 times now.

6. acillatem

I didn't think it would. Kind of odd a person at ESET would tell me that.

7. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Looks like that the guy at Eset needs a update....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.