Counterspy

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chaos16, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

just intrested in knowing if counterspy can detect anything extra from adaware se, microsoft antispyware and spybot-search & destroy coz i have read good reviews and pcworl awarded it for the best antispyware detection rate

just want to know if i could try ito_O

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

All spyware scanners will pick up things that the others miss. You may also want to see this thread.

3. chaos16

is there any harm in having counterspy has an extra security program with the help of adaware se spybot-search & destroy , microsoft antispyware, ewido and a2

does anyone have all these products in there computero_O

with counterspyo_O?

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Since MSAS and CS are built on the same program, I would leave out MSAS (CS having more in addition to everything MSAS has.) All the others should be just fine, however.

5. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

You cant have MS and CS together. For the rest , no prob

6. chaos16

which one is more recomended microsoft antispyware or counterspyo_O?

7. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Hi chaos16,

Notok wrote:
    Looks like he's saying that CS is better than MSAS? ;)

CS is also being updated regularly and is most definitely not in Beta as MSAS is. They (CS Techs) have a great support group too. MSAS, because it is in Beta phase comes with no tech support whatsoever. All they have is a newsgroup you can visit if you have problems.

Best regards

8. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:) Hi, Since I already have CounterSpy & Giant Antispyware on my PC, I am not able to try out MS Beta.
    All I can tell you is that I have had CounterSpy since it was first introduced. Aside from a period of time when the program produced several F/P's I have found CounterSpy to be a fairly reliable program. :D If you care to check one of my earlier posts ( April 28 ) it will provide more details.
    Since that time I have not experienced any F/P's or problems with CounterSpy. Hope this will be of some assistance !! :D

HR :cool:

9. Stephanos G.

Chaos, why u dont try the CS trial period?

10. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Hi I have Counterspy on my machine and think it's very good. I haven't used the Giant antispyware one but think that Counterspy does more than Adaware SE. Apart from the Spyware scan it also has System Tools which includes viewing and blocking of BHO's and Activex programs etc, Secure file eraser to permantely remove files, History Cleaner which has different things to select to clean like recent documents and Start Menu (although doesn't show details of items removed), Active Protection this includes Internet Monitor, System Monitor and Application Monitor...each of these options has another set of options of things to protect against, eg Spam Zombie Protection. Lots of things to play with or in my case just set and forget!

Only had a problem with updating but a very helpful support guy got it sorted.

Definitely worth a trial.

11. deaddybear

deaddybear Registered Member

Good stealth keyloggers are rarely picked up by AdAware and Spybot. In fact I am not sure that counterspy will pick up keyloggers all the time. As far as I know the only 100% foolproof anti-keylogger tool is PrivacyKeyboard, but it's outrageously expensive, see
    <snip>

edited to remove spam - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
  12. chaos16

i have bought counterspy

i would like to make sure counterspy has better detection, same updates and more, same realtime protection than microsoft antispywareo_O

and in my pc explorer internet BHOs this comes outo_O?

pls help are this supposed to be blockedo_O

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  13. chaos16

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Can you be just a tad more specific....what comes out ?
    Can you provide more of what the message is saying....if indeed you are receiving a message ?

15. chaos16

i can't put a screen dump i don't know why.

but i would like to make sure if counterspy has better detection, same updates and more, same realtime protection than microsoft antispyware

16. chaos16

etc....

o_Oo_O? o_O :D

17. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I am currently trialing it on my parents computer. Before running it I ran an Ad-Aware and Spybot scan, they both came up clean. I then ran CS and it found like 6 tracking cookies, which are not a big deal because simply clearing out the cookies on the comp would have gotten rid of those. It only found one real threat that the others missed, I forget the name.

18. chaos16

and wat about the diffrence with MS antispyware and counterspyo_O

and which has better detection and realtime protection webroot, spyware doctor, counterspy or microsoft antispyware o_O

19. Stephanos G.

I have used them all, the answer is difficult, no perfect app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.