Counterspy Antispyware!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Vantzos Kostas, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vantzos Kostas

Vantzos Kostas Registered Member

Recently I tried to buy counterspy on-line but it doesn't accept my card for some reason! I want this system very much! Does somebody Knows another safe location , in order to buy it? If there isn't any , can someone suggests other effective antispyware compatible with the following: nod32 antivirus , outpost firewall pro , adware Se, spybot sarch and destroy , spywareblaster , processguard , regdefend , cwshredder , spoofstic for mozilla , ewido 3.5 , winpatrolplus , ccleaner , tune-up utilities?
    Best Regards!

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Hi,

Maybe you have to use IE, and maybe with Active Scripting etc enabled for it to work ? If you did try it like that, then i would either email or phone them and ask what you need to do. Or if they take some other method of payment, seeing as you really want it !

Are you sure that you accurately filled in ALL the details on this page ?

https://www.sunbelt-software.com/purchase.cfm?sku=P4102000005

Please Read This!

All prices are in US funds.

Required fields are in BOLD font

Please complete this information accurately. Failure to do so may result in improper processing or shipment of your order.

Our terms and conditions and refund policy.

If you experience any difficulties with this ordering system, please contact us at 800-336-3166 (Int'l 727-562-0101) or email us at onlineshop@sunbelt-software.com

StevieO

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, MSAS is similar to counterspy and is free, just my opinion.

4. Vantzos Kostas

When I used those programs , I had a lot of problems , such as sudden reboots , system failure and many more! I was using then for my protection only XP firewall and Nod32! Do you have another antispyware system to suggest?
    Bet Regards!
    Kostas

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Infact I did not have many issues with MSAS, even I have used Windoes Defender for sometime without any big issues.

If you are searching for anyspyware, there are two types,

1- Real time scanners
    Free--MSAS, Tea Timer of Spybot( I have no experience with it and heard that it uses a lot of resources), Spyware Guard
    Paid-- Spysweeper, Spyware Doctor are best.

2- On-Demand Scanners
    Get Spybot, Adaware, MSAS( u can disable real time protection), Ewido( basically an anti-trojan)- all free.

Finally I will say if you really want to use some paid programme, a very good option is Online Armor, it has a lot of protection. Use it as real time scanner and use Spybot and adaware to scan on deamnt. That will be enough. Personally I don,t like to put a lot of applications except for experimenting them. I will suggest you to download a trial of Online Armor and try it before you buy. They have a very good support forum as well.

BTW, you should replace windows firewall with Kerio that is also free and does a very good job. But don,t use the latest version 4.2.3( it has an issue of BSODs that is not yet solved and I have experienced it personally). Get the older version 4.2.2. http://download.kerio.com/archive/

If you have some more questions, pls don,t hesitate to ask.

6. Vantzos Kostas

Is online Armor combatible with all the programs I have mentioned or I'll have problems? I was very tired , when I was trying to make my own security system and I do not want any more surprises , I had a lot of them. What about Antipsyware & Adware system of Tradetouch , do you Know anything about this product? Also I would like to ask if you know anything about some program , which will prevent others from seeing my IP and personal data , when I surf to internet , some patch management maybe?
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Kostas

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

CounterSpy is one of the top antispyware apps. If you absolutely can't get it, you might go for SpySweeper from http://www.webroot.com/ - which is anohter top scanner. Personally I think they're worth it if you're looking for a dedicated anti-spyware. Another to consider for on-demand scans is Ewido from http://www.ewido.net/ - after the 14 day trial it disables some functions and remains freeware.

8. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Ewido detects all malware (and in the process, sometimes reports a false-positive)! It's on-demand scanner and updates are free and there's an active support forum here on Wilders. ~pv

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I used trial version of OA with so many programmes( PG, NIS, Kerio, ZA Pro, Jetico, Antihook, Ewido, Avast, Winpatrol, MSAS .....just a few to name) without having any significant conflicts. However I have not used NOD or Outpost, but I am sure some other memebers do and they might respond.

You are right, I have tried so many as well but luckily I did not got any big issues. However now I have RollbackRx, so I am never afraid to try any new software. No pains, no gains.

No idea, sorry.

Proximatron.... I think, but not sure. I will advice you to make a separate post on this issue and sure u will get many good responses.

10. Vantzos Kostas

Guys I finally managed to buy online counterspy from a safe web location in Europe and completed my security system! Counterspy is one of the best! Thank you all for your support!

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Some off topic posts removed.

Let's show respect for each other on these forums please, no matter what we do with our computers.

12. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Online Armor and NOD32 are a great team (no conflicts!)

:)

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s nice that u were able to choose and get it. Give us feedback in future. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.