counterspy Antispyware problems

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by julio99, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

Last night right before a scheduled deep scan was supposed to run apparently this software was trying to update or something like that and wasn't able to connect to the internet. I read in their user guide and it said that port 80 has to be open for the software to connect. I'm running Windows Live One Care firewall and I have Counterspy allowed in the programs allowed in the firewall. The user guide said Port 80 is usually open by default to allow HTTP traffic. I used to run this program before on the same firewall and never received errors like that. Could this be a one time error or am I missing something on configuring the One Care firewall to allow this program to update itself? Some help on this would be nice.:doubt:

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

If you're using the same pc and posting here then port 80 is open. Disable the firewall and see if CS is able to update.

3. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I am using the same PC, but why would I want to disable the firewall for that reason. Are you thinking it might not be a firewall issue? If it still didn't update or whatever it was trying to do then it would be a CS issue? I'm a little leery on turning off the firewall for any amount of time.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ive had issues like this with apps that couldnt connect to the internet through the firewall even though a rule was made to allow it, happened with Avira Prem Security Suite's firewall. completely disabling the firewall let it connect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.