CounterSpy and error message

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just tried to restart my CounterSpy but got a message that says-

"Connection denied to the AP Proxy. You may be running a scheduled scan."

Not running a scan, though. Just trying to reboot it...

Well I just checked ProcX and it shows CS.exe still running even though I shut it down last night. Terminated it, then it rebooted back up.

Apparently, when I shut down CS last night only the sbcstray.exe was shut down.

2. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

Re: Just downloaded CounterSpy version 2.1

acr1965:

You wrote:

How did you shut down CounterSpy the night before -- what steps did you take?

What other apps do you have running resident (in the background)?

(Btw, CounterSpy does not have a CS.exe.)

Best,

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

3. acr1965

Re: Just downloaded CounterSpy version 2.1

To shut down CS I just right clicked the task tray icon, then clicked "shutdown counter spy." I did not get the usual confirmation pop-up either. It just shut down.

CS.exe = counterspy.exe.

I just checked again using procx and found that only sbcstray.exe and sbcssvc.exe were running, not counterspy.exe. On restart counterspy.exe began running again. But it looks like counterspy.exe only runs when the program is open. Closing the program closes it. Also, I have tried closing counterspy many different ways and am yet to get the confirmation pop-up.

4. eburger68

eburger68 Privacy Expert

acr1965:

The confirmation prompt when shutting down CounterSpy from teh tray icon was not carried over from version 1.5, so what you/re (not) seeing is normal.

So, it looks like there was some problem in shutting down CounterSpy -- parts of it apparnetly remained in memory. The next time you tried to start it, the app effectively reported that parts of the program were already in use.

Could you tell me a little bit more about your system: hardware? windows version? SP version? what other programs are running resident?

Eric L. Howes
    Sunbelt Software

5. acr1965

I have a HP Pavilion, P-4 with XP-home, SP2. Other programs that are running include NOD32 AV, Comodo firewall, SSM, Snoopfree and Comodo V-engine. Also using IE7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.