Could this be Graphics card problem related?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Every now and again, while doing whatever (surfing Internet etc..) My Monitor screen will go black for about a second, and then back to normal, It seems to be refreshing. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers, but it still happens, So I'm wondering if this could be a Graphics card problem? like if its about to fail or something o_O

2. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

Yes, it could be a graphics card problem. But it could be also related to the monitor itself, or the cable between those two. I'd start with replacing the cable and checking the connections. If the problem doesn't go away, it would be good if you got an another monitor for testing whether it is the graphics card which does that.

3. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

yeah it's happening to my computer

i need to change the GPU :rolleyes: thinking about changing it

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

which graphics card have you got? and when it returns do you see any message in the right hand corner?

5. axial

axial Registered Member

If you haven't yet done so, you might remove your current card and examine it for signs of dust, as a graphics card running too hot can sometimes lead to intermittent display weirdness.

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

LOL nice replacement :D
    I'm still rocking my 9600GT after 3 years and it still play almost all games maxed out or at high settings ( Mostly due to my screen been 1024x768 ) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.