Could Prevx be Causing BSODs?

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Brandonn2010, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

This may be long.

Since very late March I have had 3 BSODs. The first time I thought nothing of it, since I had had 2 or 3 before, all so sporadic I ignored it. Then early April I had another. I tested my hard drive and it was fine, and I tested my RAM, and found one or two bad sticks. I removed them and things seemed fine. Then a couple days ago I got another one. This time I used a program called BlueScreenView and it highlighted Ntoskrnl.exe in red, so that is probably the offending file. I unfortunately have been deleting all my minidumps with CCleaner, but I have disabled that now.

The reason I ask if Prevx could be causing them is because I have installed that, ZoneAlarm, Firefox 4, and the Iron browser since right before April, and the last 3 BSODs were all when browsing online. So is it Prevx, or Firefox, or could it still be hardware?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It's hard to say without seeing further details - if you do have another one, feel free to send the minidump to report@prevxresearch.com and I'll take a look :)

3. Brandonn2010

Will do. Also, has there been any reports of conflicts with Avast! 6? Should I add any exclusions for Avast!?

4. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Ive had recent blue screens at home too. Was wondering if it was Prevx or the new version of Firefox.

5. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i tested the new Firefox for 2 weeks without a problems.

whenever (rarely) i get blue screens the culprit is always security softwares...

6. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Registered Member

With SD being one of those culprits :p every once in a while. Still like it better than RL.

7. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

8. Brandonn2010

I think it may have been Firefox 4, since all 3 times I was on FF, and the 3rd time I had already removed my bad RAM. One of my friends had lots of crashes because of plugins for FF not being ready for FF 4 yet.

As a side note, I was removing non plug-and-play drivers from previous security programs, and one of those drivers not being used right now is called "oowqmo". I can't find ANYTHING about it on Google.

9. NiteSurfer

NiteSurfer Registered Member

I did add exclusions to Avast because both Avast and Prevx have the behavior shields and I wanted to avoid potential conflicts. I added the exclusions to both software.

I have had an occasional crash with FF 4.0+, and I think it is due to FF as well. No other changes to my machine and have trouble-shooted everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.