could not boot into windows

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Yesterday something weird happened.Pc could not boot up.It did not pass the windows screen,and the message appeared as follows:stop c0000218
    Registry file failure,the registry cannot load the hive(file).The registry is corrupted or.......
    I was shocked because I did not install or uninstall any software or hardware.
    Thanks for God and to the developers of Erunt,it really saved my life.Now everything is working okay.
    Why can this happen,can it be some nasty virus,or maybe I am using uphclean and shut-off the PC quickly.
    What should I do now to prevent it from happening again.Did anyone have this problem before,it was my first time.o_O

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In theory this can't happen to me, because I replace my system partition with a fresh installed unused system partition during each reboot and that includes Windows, registry, applications without any kind of infection.
    I do this already more than 6 months without problems.

One big disadvantage : my computer becomes boring, because nothing happens.
    Solution : I try unneeded new applications, that corrupt my system partition sometimes.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

It can happen when going six year's between format's. :D Hey, it's win_oh's. :D

GF

4. cet

cet Registered Member

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Tell us Cet, will this be your :shifty: first install? From disk, or recovery partition?

GF

6. cet

cet Registered Member

I used my Win XP cd to boot up and using the recovery console I batched Erunt.I was not able to use my linux cd.
    I also have paragon exact image in case I need it.

7. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

See HERE for likely causes.

Maybe a Windows repair only option using the Windows CD would help,this would simply overwrite your existing Windows,but can be tricky

Use your Paragon Exact Image for backup,but this probably would only be useful for your data,as the system could be corrupt,unless you have a clean image,to which you should revert

Edit-Or download Karens Replicator,freeware and simple to backup all your data-TO A SEPERATE drive or to CD,in case you have a final BSOD

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.