cost of renewal vs cost of purchase

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Surebrec, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surebrec

Surebrec Registered Member

I have just under 2 months left on my years sub and I am already looking at extending my licence for at least the next year.

I have been looking on amazon, where I originally purchased from, and it is listed as being cheaper there to buy direct from ESET. to purchase a licence from ESET for 1 year, it costs £39.99 (inc VAT), but it says on the renewal page that existing licence owners get the renewal at a reduced cost.

what exactly is the difference in cost between purchasing at the store price of £39.99 and renewing?

also, if I renew within the 30 days of expiration, will the new licence start from the moment I renew, or when the original licence expires?

2. Surebrec

Surebrec Registered Member

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if you go to their page you can see the price differences?? http://go.eset.com/us/renew for renewal prices and http://go.eset.com/us/store for normal. personally i always buy the previous version (v4 in this case) since it works with v5 and looks for a deal on a retail box i just picked them up at newegg for a awesome price...

4. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I haven't used ESET for quite a while but when I did, the renewal discount in the UK was 30%. You will need to check with the reseller to see if that's still the case. You may still be able to get it cheaper by buying a new licence from an online store like Amazon though, so it's worth shopping around.

If you are renewing an existing licence, the new licence should start from when the original licence expires. If it doesn't, contact the reseller to get it adjusted. Alternatively, wait until it has expired before renewing. I believe there is a grace period within which you can still renew an expired licence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.