Corrupted Vista Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Zingaro, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zingaro

Zingaro Registered Member

Hi,

I have an 80GB drive, with three partitions. C: and D: are Windows XP and Vista, (about 10GB each) and E: is Data (60GB)

I ran out of room on the Vista partition, so I tried to take a bit from XP and give it to Vista. When I ran Disk Director, I received "Error: Cannot Write to Drive at Sector xxx; Retry, Ignore, ignore All" I received one when shrinking the XP partition, and many more when trying to expand Vista.

I tried Retrying, didn't work - so I had no choice but to ignore. Now when I reboot, Vista doesn't load, but XP does. I can't see any data on the Vista partition anymore. The Vista Startup Repair is unable to do anything, reports the following:
    Root cause found:
    Boot configuration is corrupt.
    Repair action: Partition table repair
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490

And when I run "Check Partition" in Disk Director, I get the same thing, "Corrupt master file table. CHKDSK aborted."

I've attached a screenshot and Acronis' report.txt

Is there anything I should try before I re-install Vista et. al. for the ??th time?

Thank you very much,
    Zingaro

Attached Files:

2. Zingaro

Zingaro Registered Member

Screenshot

Attached Files:

3. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Looks like youve gotten into a bit of a mess:'(

My Vista install takes up about 12gb... so I would suggest at least 15, or maybe even 20gb.... although it looks form your partitions that you dont have much room to play with anyway...o_O

Your C drive has no room to spare, and your DATA drive has only 9 gigs...

With this in mind I wouldnt cosider installing Vista, or get a larger drive...o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.