Corrupted image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dochands, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dochands

Dochands Registered Member

I know there are umpteen posts about this but since they are less than clear to me here goes.

Hard drive problem on my laptop.

Went into to do restore and all my image files say corrupted.

This is on an external harddrive which I have tried to on another system. It actually has the backups of another external for reducdancy. They are indicating corruption as well.

I know they are not corrupted but don't know how to fix this.

Help appreciated. Desperately.

Sheriwn.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you connect the external hard drive to another computer which has TrueImage installed, does True Image report all the images as corrupt? If so, they probably are.

While connected to the other computer, try to make and image and check it. Is it corrupt? If so, the problem is probably with the external drive since that would be corrupt images made from two different computers.

If the images are large, split them during the image creation process into 700MB pieces. Sometimes errors are introduced when very large files are created, especially to external USB2 hard drives. Test again to see if the split image is also corrupt.

If it is still corrupt, try a different external hard drive enclosure.

3. Dochands

Dochands Registered Member

All images were checked when they were made. The largest (first) is 118G.

Not sure how to split a harddrive backup into 700 MB parts but this is an unacceptable and odd request. The point of TrueImage is supposed to be seamless and complete backup of all data. This failure is unacceptable.

I am not here to bitch about this but the corruption and failure of a critical backup is an extremely serious matter. I have seen a number of posts where these cavalier answers by users and Acornis have led to rant and raves. I can understand that but will not indulge.

I need a solution that recovers the image file. Period.

I am not interested in after the fact tests because they are irrelavent if I have lost my image when I need it. If Acronis TrueImage is unreliable in some undocumented way then I have made a terrible terrible and fatal mistake trusting this product. As such the product should be removed from the marketplace.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Dochands

I would look to Windows Explorer as the cause, as for some reason they have all become corrupt.
    How do you come to that?
    Are you sure it is the pruduct, and not user error.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Bud Pritchard

Bud Pritchard Registered Member

My solution to corrupted images is to run un-compressed.

Corrupt image's were a crap shoot. Sometimes corrupt, sometimes not, when using boot disk to create image on my 160gb Seagate USB 2.0 drive(brand new) from my laptop(only three months old).
    So I doubt that there is any hardware or software issue. Seems to be the compression mechanism.

No problem with image creation with normal compression when using my desktop with the TI windows software.

Using Release 889. This was the download I got with purchase.

Downloaded latest build 937. Same results.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.