Corrupted Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mark100net, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark100net

mark100net Registered Member

I am using TrueImage 8.0 build 771 with Windows XP Home without SP2.

I made an image of a complete partition onto a USB external drive and another onto a second hard drive. I can explore the image with no apparent problems.

But when I "Check Image" on either image the process concludes quickly with the message "The Image Archive is Corrupted".

Any suggestions?

Mark

2. mark100net

I have also not received anything other than an automated reply to my support request regarding the same thing. I can see from other posts here that this company is no longer interested in customer service.

It's definitely not too late to charge back my credit card purchase, and that's just what I'm going to do unless I receive a substantive reply today.

3. dreidd

dreidd Guest

same thing for me

4. Aussie

Aussie Guest

Bought Acronis V8 build 771 about a week ago, 16 working hours later I have worked through a host of problems to create my first full image direct to DVD RW (must now try to restore to see what happens).
    Thinking I knew what I was doing at last, I tried to do the same image again using a strict list steps carefully recorded during the 16 hour learning curve - “ Media Full”.
    No luck at doing the same thing from the bootable CD at all , I just get “ Media Full”
    It shouldn’t be this hard!

Does anyone know about the “ Media Full” error.

I gave up on doing trying to get Ghost to do the very same thing that cost me AU$300.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Creating images direct to optical media can be somewhat flakey. You haven't said but can we take it that you use branded media, have a compatible UDF packet writing program running, UDF formatted the DVD RW and have closed down other non essential applications? Also, have you disabled Windows CD recording on your burner (open "My Computer", right click on your burner, select "Properties" then "Recording" and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive")?

If yes to all the above then you may wish to consider the alternative of writing an image to a separate partition or drive and then burn it to an ISO formated DVD+/-RW either as standalone tib files or as a self contained boot rescue disk. See wdormann's thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186 for the essential details.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 26, 2004
  6. mark100net

I don't know why you posted this in this thread.

I am trying to find out if anyone has been able to fix a problem with check image always returning "corrupted". Tech support keeps sending me "replies" that only show they haven't read my submission. I am only having this problem on one machine but on this machine the RAM tests fine and I have had no other problems.

I have the problem even when booting from bootable media created in True Image.

Can anyone suggest a cause for always getting "corrupted image" even though the image can be explored and individual files restored?

7. william_b

william_b Registered Member

I have been trying the Trial Version and also have had some difficulties. Turned out that (for me at least) the USB port HAD to be a true "HI-SPEED" port.

My machine and my sons machine would both give "corrupted image" when using the regular USB but I put in a (no plug here intended) Compaq 2 port USB 2.0 PCI Host Card that is adveritised as HI-SPEED and the corrupted image problem went away.

The written image now can be explored and checked without problems.

Hope this might have helped.

Bill

8. mark100net

The problem is unrelated to the type of destination drive.

As I said in the original post, the image is reported as corrupted whether the image is made to the external drive or another (internal) hard drive.

9. Andy23

Andy23 Guest

I have sometimes the same problem, but the problem occures only with the windows-installed-version. When I do the same (creating an image) with the Boot-CD, I have no problems. But it's not funny to do all this things only with the Boot-CD.

10. Andy23

Andy23 Guest

I have sometimes the same problem, but the problem occures only with the windows-installed-version. When I do the same (creating an image) with the Boot-CD, I have no problems.
    But it's not funny to do all this things only with the Boot-CD (means start again the PC and all like this). Furthermore the image-creating-speed is very slow in comparision with the windows-version.
    The ony good think is: it works.

11. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

When I reported this problem to Acronis they has suggested that my external USB drive was at fault and suggested that I execute a CHKDSK /r command. I did that and also ran the Western Digital intensive diagnostics program and this ran without errors. Some I am assuming that the problem is not caused by the physical drive/usb controler.

12. Death

Death Registered Member

I have the exact same problem, going to any drive (local, USB, or CD)

HEEEELP!!!!

I doesn't matter if I boot from CD, the boot manager or do it within WIN XP, I always get a "corrupted image".

I use XP PRO, updated to everything below SP2, NTFS, latest TrueImage 8.0 build 771.

Anybody figured it out yet?

13. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

Just a thought: Are you using a disk defragmenter? I have heard that the image files should not be defagmented.

14. Death

Death Registered Member

No, it doesn't even verify right after the image is created....

15. bilby

bilby Guest

Following a hint posted by Wings in another thread I reduced the speed of my 800 MHz cpu to 600 MHz by going into the BIOS at bootup. This solved the 'corrupted image' problem with TI 8.0 running from within Windows (W2K SP4 in my case).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.