Corrupted Image TI8 b764 and 768 Trials (XPSP2)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by manji, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manji

manji Registered Member

Hello I used PQ Drive Image 7 quite successfully with XPSP1 and now XPSP2...
    I tried 2 builds of TI8 with the same problem :

Image are all corrupted with no warning nor error creating them.
    I did that with 2 HD (I make an image of C: on D: each drive has only 1 partition)

I used FULL "online" image process and tried to restore with rebooting from HD TI8 (Restoration from windows)

My XPSP2 installation is very fresh my HD had reported no error from CHKDSK and I read all forum posts about corrupted images, it seems that the pb should come from WinXPSP2...

I'm very disapointed since I want to upgrade my PQ DI7 to use incremental images and I can choose between Ghost 9 (which is the Drive Image sequel as Symantec bought Powerquest) or ATI8 which uses *VERY FEW* resources compared to Ghost 9 (20MB for service and another 13MB for tray icon!!) compared to the 2+2MB for True Image 8...

But it symply DOES NOT WORK with my WinXPSP2 and I don't seem to be the only one in that case so I won't make any consession to fonctionality as only make images from CD BOOT or do check your HD 5 times, images 5 times, pray 10 times before making image and same before restoring...

I'm in the process of choosing a software and I it is sure that the time for fixing this issue is very important also.... + the fact that the trials are only 15 days...

2. manji

manji Registered Member

UP!

Does Someone use ATI8 with WinXPSP2 succesfully?

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Yes...

4. manji

manji Registered Member

I use WinXP PRO SP2, I read posts about XP Home SP2, I hope there is no difference for TI...
    But It is still annoying to see tha a few people have the same pb and no solution yet...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Manji --

Please, can you try to mount that image and see if it mounts correctly. Also, you can try to check that imange on another computer and see if it reports any error.

Thank you.

6. manji

manji Registered Member

The image mounts correctly. and I can copy/paste a few things from it...
    As for the other computer I'm afraid I don't have a 2nd computer to test with...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.