Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kypovan, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kypovan

kypovan Registered Member

I downloaded the Acronis True Image, and made a back up of my computer to an external hard drive. I then plugged in a new computer. I didn't quite figure out how to just add all the old info, plus I was going from XP to Vista. So, I just added files. Well, turns out I didn't add my photo files. So, I want to add them now. I am using the trial version. I went to restore, and the files say:

Acronis*True*Image*Echo*Server backup archive file is corrupted.
    If the backup is an image, you may try to restore data from it by mounting the image and restoring intact data.

What do I do?

Thanks,
    Wendy

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

To get your photo files from the old computer to the new computer you do not need True Image. Just use Windows Explorer to copy them from the old to the external drive, then from the external to the new.

3. DomeG

DomeG Registered Member

I have the same problems with the restore of my images made with True Image v11 (no trail version, built 8.105)... Suddenly the error appears :(

How can I repair the images?

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Images cannot be repaired. You have to re-make them.

But you should start your own thread.

5. DomeG

DomeG Registered Member

The problem is that de original-HDD had been formatted :(
    OK I'll start a new one...

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When ATI says a backup file is invalid IT might be a perfectly good file and ATI jsut has a problem reading it. So don't automaticlly delete a backup ATI calls invalid! Run a chckdsk on it and try using ATI form within windows or from the bootcd, whichever is the opposite of what you tried first. If you're connected to a usb hub, try connecting to direct usb port or at least a diff usb port.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

kypovan,

I can add that you can copy the archive to your internal hard drive on the new computer and try to get the access to the files. If the recovery is possible, on the Choose Restore Options screen of the Recovery wizard select Set the options manually and select File level security settings and uncheck the Restore files preserving their security settings option.

If the same error message appears preventing you from the recovery, try to mount the archive or explore it (to explore the archive you can just make double-click on the archive file).

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.