Corrupt tib file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WineComputers, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WineComputers

WineComputers Registered Member

I recently made a backup of a 500gb drive using Acronis 9.0 True Image from the bootable CD. It made 2 tib files. When I go back to restore it onto another drive to look for some missing data, it tells me the tib file is corrupt or does not belong to Acronis.
    Has anyone see this before? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Could you please provide some further information:

• What type of files are you backing up - OS? Data? both?
    • What type of backup did you use - Files & Folders? Image? Clone?
    • What are you backing up - Files? Partition? Disk?
    • Where are your source, backup and restore files - same disk/partition? separate disk/partition?
    • Where are your disk(s) - Internal? External USB? External Firewire?

3. WineComputers

I backed up the entire contents of the drive, OS and data across the network to my server. I used the bootable CD full version to do so. The drive had 2 partitions on it.

Thanks

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Try using the Acronis Mount Image function to see if you can mount the image. If you can mount the image then try to navigate through the image and see if you can work with the files in a normal way e.g. open; close; copy; delete; rename etc...

Let us know the result of the test.

5. WineComputers

I was unable to mount the image file. Whenever I select the image file it tells me that is it not a true image file. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Curtis

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

OK... do a simple test.

Create a simple Files & Folders backup over the network of a relatively small folder - say about 200 meg.

Try restoring the folder.

Note:

Don't try to mount the backup, you can only mount an image of a partition.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are you sure you are using the same version of TI to do your recovery as you did when you created the backup?

At TI9 build 3567 the TI engine and resulting file format was changed. A backup made with 3567 and later cannot be read with an earlier build. Build 3567 and later can handle the earlier backup files OK.

8. WineComputers

Yes, I am using the same version. The bootable CD and the installed version match.
    I can also back up and restore other files/folders and I'm able to restore other images i have. It is this one that is giving me trouble.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.