Corrupt TI Archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GVImageMaster, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GVImageMaster

GVImageMaster Registered Member

So this is the first archive I have created (out of many) that is corrupt. Lets give the scenario first before the error message...

1. Updated Windows XP Pro with most recent updates and defrag using Windows (Windows states some files can not be defragmented)
    2. Boot with TI Rescue Media CD
    3. Burn image of HD onto CDs
    4. Check the newly created archive and it is corrupt
    5. Decide to test the archive but fails on V1of3 with this error message

Image Corrupted (0x70020)
    Tag = 0x0
    The file is corrupt (0x400D)
    Tag = 0x6517E0EXF4E10102

Any one know how to decipher this error code? and maybe why it let me get all the way through the burn without telling me something was wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

2. crbaker

crbaker Registered Member

I've had darn near 100% failure rate when I do operations to CD's with TI on my system.

When I do operations to hard disk directly I've have a 100% success rate.

The ony successful CD operation is creating the TI BOOT CD.

On my system I get XP BLUE screens and system crashes when I do backup operations to CD. I DON'T DO IT!!!!

I backup to HD and make CD's later if appropriate. I still think the product is more than worth it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GVImageMaster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and the bootable CD is created using the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please try to validate the image archives using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Archive) of Acronis True Image when running Acronis True Image in Windows. Could you please copy all the volumes of the backup archive into a single folder on the local hard drive or network drive and validate the image archives. Please let us know the exact check-out result?

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please clarify if the image archive saved to the local drive validates as corruped or not. Please perform this test both when using Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media and when using Acronis True Image in Windows?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.