Corrupt images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Trance, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trance

Trance Registered Member

I have just started using TI7 (build 572). To evaluate how reliable it is I have been making quite a few images, and have managed some sucessful clones and create/restore images. However, more often then not, when I check the image I get the "Partition Image Corrupt" (for the life of me I cannot understand why this checking operation is not automatic!!).

I have just created a 30G secure zone on my 120G WD sata drive (non raid), and made three attempts to create an image of the active partition on the same drive in the secure zone. It takes 20 minutes and makes an image file of 15G, and seems to finish OK, but when I check, it almost immediately reports that "Partition Image Corrupt". I can, however, browse the image and extract files.

System is ASUS A7V600X, AMD Athlon 2100, 512 MB DDR Win2k

Any ideas

2. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

Welcome to the ever growing population of "corrupted image" victims. I submit that Acronis tech support will suggest the following:

Use scandsk with the R option to correct your harddrive probmem.
    Upgrade to a new Acronis version (image)
    Shutdown all unnessary tasks
    Download a Acronis diagnostic program
    Send the results to Acronis Tech support
    They will suggest that you have a harddrive problem
    Call you harddrive manufacturer and run detailed diagnostics (no problem)
    Maybe a BIOS problem? Contact your PC manufactuer to check you BIOS (no Problem)

All the above steps will normally take about a month to complete

And then you will find out that the "corrupted image" problem is still occuring and that they, Acronis, have no clue as to it's cause.

Do a search on this forums history records and you will see many many "corrupted image" problems and the only poor soul that was able to overcome the problem had to change his BIOS to slow the clock spped on the CPU.

Good luck!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Trance,
    Dear Steve1947,

This problem is known and also it is very hard to reproduce and fix. We are now trying to obtain as much information regarding this problem as we can.

All the steps described by Steve1947 can lead to a solution for this problem. However, this is not necessarily to perform all of them in each particular case.

Please contact support@acronis.com and we will do our best in order to diagnose the problem and to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.