Corrupt file error on Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mustardman, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustardman

mustardman Registered Member

Hi there,

This must be some kind of bug in the software.

1) Purchased and Downloaded Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 build 3,832 and Universal Restore from the website. Made sure all previous Acronis trial versions were uninstalled. Manually removed residual Acronis directories at program files/acronis and program files/common files/acronis and documents and settings/all users/application data/acronis. Rebooted and installed the full purchased version along with universal restore

2) Connected USB Hard Drive.

3) Did a "entire disk contents including partitions" backup from my local internal SATA drive to my external USB drive from Acronis running on Windows XP Pro SP2 with all latest updates all running on the internal SATA drive.

4) Attempted to restore a particular folder in the above backup to a new location on local internal SATA hard drive

5) Multiple file errors. "E0004000D: Failed to restore file or folder 'filename.xxx'. This file is corrupt."

I just kept hitting ignore until it was done. Most files seemed to restore ok but the same ones consistently did not. Trying to restore other folders to new locations produced errors as well. This was all done from Acronis installed on Windows running from the local internal SATA drive.

This occured on multiple attempts after doing an image backup. I enabled image verify and verification was always successful. Mapping the image to a drive letter in Acronis and copying over the folders in question within windows works fine. The files that failed all used multiple words with spaces in between so maybe it has something to do with that? Ie. "file name 1.xxx", "file name with multiple words.xxx" etc.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  2. mustardman

**bump**

3. mustardman

*bump*

If I buy your "maintenance" package will you fix my problem. Can you sense my frustration building!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mustardman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, I would recommend that you download and install the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please also be aware that you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the issue persists, please collect the log file from Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support (AMPS) license, please have a look at this article describing the benefits of AMPS.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.