# Corporate workstation pre sales questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have a client who current is using 4 Win98 computers in a simple peer LAN. I realize that Acronis Corporate Workstation requires either Win2k or XP for the True Image software but can use Win98 for the Acronis True Image Agent. However are all backups/images limited to using the XP machine and connecting to the other computers via the 10/100 LAN or can the individual Win98 computers be backed using the agent software and create images say to a local removal harddrive in each computer? Reason I ask is that I can not see doing a complete backup using only the network in any reasonable amount of time.

o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation is able to create images of remote computer that runs Windows 98. You should be able to store the image on the local computer without any problems. Could you please clarify your problem? What are you trying to do and what steps do you perform?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. enduser999

I have not tried the software yet. What I would like to be able to do is to initate a changed file backup via the network on a daily basis to either a hard drive on the network machine or possibly on the remote machine. Also be able to do a complete backup to a local hard drive with out having to go over the network if possible. This is because of the time constraints and the network traffic having to perform multiple backups in sequence.

4. Acronis Support

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation allows you to create an exact disk image and store it on CDs, on DVDs, on some local/network drive or on an external drive.

The Acronis Management Console included into Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation can deploy backup agents on remote systems and create backup images over the network. In other words you can create image of the remote machine, restore it and check this image remotely.

You can download a trial version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation and see how this program works. Please also read the User's Guide of Acronis software.

Hopefully informed you well. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. enduser999

So this mean that each of the 4 or 5 machines have to have their images created using the network. Is the creation of the backup via the network traffic intensive? Are the backups performed sequentially, i.e. machine one backup is completed before the software issues the commands to backup machine 2, etc?

Does in mean that in order to restore all of the machines incase of theft or fire that at least the Win2k/2000 box has to be brought up on line by restoring its backup before any of the other machines can be restored via the network?

It appears from your website that one must order a minimum of 10 licenses for this product. Is this indeed the case?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  6. Acronis Support

Hello enduser999,

If you create an image of the remote computer with Acronis Management Console to the same remote comuter the network traffic will be very small, but if you create an image and save it via network to the other computer the network traffic is equal to the size of your image.

You can perform backups of remote computers simultaneously.

Could you please clarify you question: "Does in mean that in order to restore all of the machines incase of theft or fire that at least the Win2k/2000 box has to be brought up on line by restoring its backup before any of the other machines can be restored via the network?"? If you have the image archive stored on the network computer you can restore it to the other machines via network with Acronis program.

Yes, you are right, you should order a minimum of 10 licenses for Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation. I recommend you to contact our Sales Team via e-mail sales@acronis.com describing the situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. enduser999

In order to get the remote machines, which have the agent software installed, restored one first has to get the machine running the management console running. Then using the management console from that machine you restore the images to the remote machines.

Should or must? At this point and due to the small number of computers involved I can not see a good reason for purchasing the Corpprate WorkStation for a maximum of 5 or 6 computers ($431.94USD or $517.88 CDN). Instead just purchase 6 copies of Acronis True Image ($299.94USD or $359.70CDN). I can not see any advantage of the Workstation version unless one is backupin up to a central location and have the network bandwidth to support it. I can not see a 100Mb Lan being able to do the backup in a timely fashion.

8. Acronis Support

Hello enduser999,

It looks like you are planning to restore your images remotely. I'm afraid that Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 does not allow you to restore an image of a system partition remotely. Only logical partitions can be restored remotely using Acronis Management Console.

In case you are planning to deploy an image of a preconfigured operating system to the several machines over the network, I would recommend you to use Acronis Snap Deploy for your purposes.

The trial version of Acronis Snap Deploy is available here.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Snap Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

What concerns your second question, please note that there is way to purchase less then 10 licenses of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0. You should contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com in this case. Please write a letter describing your issue and our sales representative will provide you with the solution.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. enduser999

What if the backups of all the remote stations are stored on the SAME computer where the Corp Workstation software is installed i.e. a Win98 machine which will be running the backup jobs at night? Will this machine be able to restore the remote machines if all of the machines are stolen IF:

1) This machine on which ALL backups will be restored is restored FIRST using the TI boot CD.
    2) New remote machines are hardware configured but NO O/S is installed.

How can one restore the remote machines from the backups that are stored on a removable drive stored offsite but is in the machine restored in 1) above?

No I am not

That part is already taken care of.

10. Acronis Support

Hello enduser999,

I think that I have already answered your questions in the previous thread.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.