CoreForce firewall homesite?[ISP Routing issue?]

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Seer, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Re: CoreForce firewall homesite?

Hello Stem.

Guess I fell asleep at some point, but now let me see...
    :) Thank you so much for those rapid links. And the guide? Nice touch, man. Now, I will continue to investigate this little URL problem of mine, and IF I find any workaround, I will surely post it back here. And again, thanks to lucas and cprtech for their sincere efforts also. This is indeed a very warm community you have here.

My regards,

The Seer.

EDIT: Well, I was just on the phone with my ISP and the problem has apparently something to do with the nature of dynamic addresses that I use. You see, I sometimes log with a 77.105.xx.xx and sometimes with 212.200.xx.xx. Now when I log as 77.105 I cannot register with core site, and when I log as 212 I can. They didn't say why is that happening specifically, but perhaps someone can enlighten me on that point here aswell. Thanks again.

(now maybe mods should consider moving this thread, with renaming it, as this is not necessarily a firewall issue)

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello The Seer,

Strange, as to what your IP is, would determine the sites you can connect to. This to me, sounds more of a routing problem by your ISP.

Regards,
    Stem

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

May be, may be. But of course they wouldn't reveal as much.

Thanks.

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Hello The Seer,

sorry I couldn't burn the midnight oil any longer :)

Indeed, the reason your ISP gave you is odd and one I've never heard of before. Stem is probably right on his theory your ISP has a routing issue.

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hi cprtech.

Well, I've been satisfied with my ISP so far for almost 2 years now and this is the first issue I had with them. Of course, I have other alternatives, and maybe now's the right time to reconsider them. :cool: Thank you cpr,

The Seer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.