Cordless Drills and Batteries

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by JerryM, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have a Sears 18 volt cordless drill that is about 8-10 years old. It came with two batteries, and one fails to take a charge. I queried Sears and found that a new battery would cost in excess of $75 with shipping and tax. A new 18 volt drill costs about $74 plus tax.
    I have been through the battery problem before with another brand of drill, and also found the cost of the batteries was excessive.

I am wondering what brands of rechargeable drills some here have found to be good, and the availability and cost of replacement batteries. I also wonder about the shelf life of extra batteries. Would the life be extended of extra batteries if kept in a freezer?

I am planning to look at Makita also.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Thanks.

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Find it very difficult to go past Makita here in Oz! ;)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Yeah, i heard gettin past Matilda isn't too easy down there either. :D

Anyway, i've had an old B&D cordless for years and had to buy a battery once but for the life of me i can't remember what i paid for it... Wouldn't make much difference now anyway(prices have surely changed) buy i would not hesitate to buy another one if needed in the future. ;) :D

snowbound

4. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Everyone found it hard to get past Stan Makita. When he played Hockey w/the Chicago Blackhawks he was lean and mean. He could drill you w/an elbow or screw you into the boards. He occasionally would chuck you into the seats!!

Yea....Makita is a decent pick...usually pricey!!

Running @ 750rpm in Drillbits, Whirley ed

5. JohnG

JohnG Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.