Copying Snapshots & ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I've looked high & low in this forum,but I cant find anything about this, So I created this new post:

I recently used my secondary snapshot as a test base for trying out software before I decided to use them. All was fine untill I decided to remove all that I tested and cleaned up the registry/deleted prefetch folder in windows/ran spyware sweeps/virus checks/and defragmented the snapshot,all to clean it up to the previous state,or as clean as I could get it anyway.Then I rebooted back to the Primary snapshot and installed the software I wanted to keep,and Attempted to Copy the new Primary Snapshot with the new software installed to the secondary. This worked untill 30% on several occasions, then just froze the computer, I had changed my firewall from Outpost to ZoneAlarm Pro,as Outpost was running extremely high memory even on an Idle Computer 76,442k :gack: It pissed me off trying to copy and getting stuck at 30% and having to delete the incomplete snapshot and try again. Then I decided to shut down ZoneAlarm and try once more,and It worked perfectly.I couldnt find anything about ZoneAlarm &FDISR in this forum, so I just wanted to mention this incase anyone else has similar issues :-*

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I suspect that the hips component with zonealrm pro is causing problems. It has blocked trueimage on my system a few times

You can turn it off or add a rule ....

3. vhick

vhick Registered Member

sir maybe your registry cleaner affect the snapshot...

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Registry Mechanic has been known to cause problems

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I could not recall having problems while keeping FD-ISR and ZA pro. some time ago. If you think ZA pro is the culprit, this is a possible cure: turn off O/S firewall and allow any prompt while you performing such task as you describe. One other thing I am at a bit loss is that why do you do such lenghty procedure just to add a new app to your primary snapshot? There are several experts on this forum re this app(FD-ISR), perhaps they can jump in and provide you some helpful pointers. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.