Copying Snapshots & ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I've looked high & low in this forum,but I cant find anything about this, So I created this new post:

I recently used my secondary snapshot as a test base for trying out software before I decided to use them. All was fine untill I decided to remove all that I tested and cleaned up the registry/deleted prefetch folder in windows/ran spyware sweeps/virus checks/and defragmented the snapshot,all to clean it up to the previous state,or as clean as I could get it anyway.Then I rebooted back to the Primary snapshot and installed the software I wanted to keep,and Attempted to Copy the new Primary Snapshot with the new software installed to the secondary. This worked untill 30% on several occasions, then just froze the computer, I had changed my firewall from Outpost to ZoneAlarm Pro,as Outpost was running extremely high memory even on an Idle Computer 76,442k :gack: It pissed me off trying to copy and getting stuck at 30% and having to delete the incomplete snapshot and try again. Then I decided to shut down ZoneAlarm and try once more,and It worked perfectly.I couldnt find anything about ZoneAlarm &FDISR in this forum, so I just wanted to mention this incase anyone else has similar issues :-*

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I suspect that the hips component with zonealrm pro is causing problems. It has blocked trueimage on my system a few times

You can turn it off or add a rule ....

3. vhick

vhick Registered Member

sir maybe your registry cleaner affect the snapshot...

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Registry Mechanic has been known to cause problems

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I could not recall having problems while keeping FD-ISR and ZA pro. some time ago. If you think ZA pro is the culprit, this is a possible cure: turn off O/S firewall and allow any prompt while you performing such task as you describe. One other thing I am at a bit loss is that why do you do such lenghty procedure just to add a new app to your primary snapshot? There are several experts on this forum re this app(FD-ISR), perhaps they can jump in and provide you some helpful pointers. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.