Copying Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Pointblank, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointblank

Pointblank Registered Member

Hey all,

Ive been trying to copy one partition from my old HD (40GB) to my new one (160GB) and having trouble. Just want to check if im doing it right.

I go through the copy wizzard and select the partition etc etc and then click 'commit' and my comp restarts and performs the operations. It then reboots and checks the partitions and reboots again. At this point i switch it off and unplug the 40GB from master and plug in the 160 to master (it was set as slave) and leave the 40 unplugged. Then switch on comp. When i do this certain things dont work like playing DVD's and the comp seems generally slow.

I was led to beleive that once the copy is complete the comp should be switched off and then the new HD set up as master before the old one boots up like it does when i do it the way above, as this messed up the MBR o_O

Am i doing this right or something wrong?

THanks
    Point

Note: Ignore my other topic, its explained badly

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pointblank,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Please read this thread to fix an issue with MBR.

Moreover you can do the following:

Windows 95/98/Me – boot from Startup Disk (floppy) and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

The MBR will be rewritten once you boot the computer from the created media and confirm that you want to fix the MBR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.