Copying Image to Multiple Systems (Licensing?)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RobB, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobB

RobB Registered Member

I have many identical systems that require the same load, but Symantec has priced me out of the Ghost market with their ridiculously high price for each time I take an image and put it on another system.

I'm trying to ascertain if the licensing on True Image 8 is as restrictive, but I've been unsuccessful locating the licensing agreement on the Acronis web site.

Please note I am not wanting to put a copy of True Image on each computer, but to make an image of a computer using the boot media I created when I installed the program on another computer, then taking that image (which, again, does NOT have True Image on it) and putting that image on several other systems.

Thx.

Rob

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Our End-User License Agreement implies that if you purchased only one copy of Acronis True Image then you can simultaneously use it only on one computer.

So you need two copies of Acronis True Image: one is installed on the computer under Windows in order to make Acronis rescue CD and the other is used in order to restore images without Acronis True Image installed.

Hopefully answered your question well.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. RobB

RobB Registered Member

Andrew,

I am likely dense, however, I am unable to correlate your answer to my question. Please permit me to try again.

I install TrueImage on computer A. During installation on computer A, I create the rescue CD. Then I boot the rescue CD on computer B and create an image of computer B. Then I copy that image to computers C, D, E, F,...etc.

In this scenario, only computer A has TrueImage installed; none of the others do.

Is that permissible under the license agreement, and if not, is there a licensing program that allows this? I need an alternative to Symantec which charges a fee for every system that is imaged ("Ghosted').

Rob B.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Dear Rob,

Please note that Acronis Rescue CD is the copy of Acronis True Image too.

So you will be using Acronis True Image on two computers at the same time: computer A and the one from the list: B,C,D,E,...

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.