Copying drives

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by iwanttocopyahdd, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have not downloaded the software yet, but I was wondering if there's anything in the license agreement regarding using MigrateEasy for copying hard drives.

Please advise, thanks!

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, iwanttocopyahdd

I not sure what you are asking, but copying [migrating] HDD is one of the major reason people buy it.

Acronis TrueImage will be a better buy then Acronis MigrateEasy [IMO] because it does the same with it's Cloning tool but also with the added advantaged as it name says can create an Image of a HDD's and or Partition.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Thanks.
    My question is really, if I want to copy a HDD over and over (x 100s of times) is there anything regarding licensing if distributing those HDDs?

Also, I'm straight copying, so I don't think I will need the features of TrueImage, although if there are any regarding just straight copying, please let me know.

Also, will Acronis make any software-based cloning tool in the near future that will allow imaging/cloning from one source to multiple destination drives?

Thanks for answering my questions.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iwanttocopyahdd,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Transferring Software.

As concerns the licensing problems, you may get some if there is some software on the drive that you are not allowed to distribute. I would recommend that you read the appropriate license agreements that are supplied with the software installed on the hard drive. As for Acronis licensing, you are allowed to use a single copy of Acronis Migrate Easy on not more than a single computer.

If you need to clone a souce drive to a lot of destination drives, you may use Acronis Snap Deploy. This software will allow you to create an image of the source drive and then deploy it to several computers via network.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Thanks for the response. That makes sense to me (license agreement of what is on the machines).

One more question about MigrateEasy. If I uninstalled MigrateEasy off of each destination HDD then I am not violating any license agreement, right?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iwanttocopyahdd,

You may uninstall Acronis Migrate Easy before distributing the hard drives. This will prevent license violation. Also I would strongly recommend that you refer to license agreements for other software installed on hard drives for you may need to obtain additional licecenses for these third-party products.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.