Copying backup jobs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by plegron, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plegron

plegron Registered Member

I have to produce a set of similar backup jobs. Is it possible to copy a backup job then edit it? This would save a great deal of time compared to having to create each one from scratch.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Depending on your version, they can be found in one of these spots:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

Good Luck.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plegron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that the current version of Acronis True Image does not allow copying scheduled tasks from it's graphical interface. However, we have already received similar request from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The ability to copy already existing scheduled tasks will probably be implemented in the future Acronis True Image versions.

Please also note that we do not recommend copying task scripts in the way TheWeaz has suggested as the copied tasks might not function properly.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I didn’t suggest/recommend anything – I just gave information.

5. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Although perhaps not documented/supported at this time, it is possible to edit the TI Script (.tis) files and execute the result; more information here.

However a script file created in this manner would not be available from the TI GUI. To get around this you could perhaps create new tasks in the GUI and then go edit them by hand. I don't know if the GUI would be happy with the result but I suspect it wouldn't know the difference...

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'd hate to have to count up the number of times a suggested solution to a problem has been to use the ""acpi=off noapic" as a command line parameter after pressing a certain Fkey at a certain point in the CD boot process. Why on Earth can this be put into a button at an approporiate place on a startup screen? Why not let the machines do the mechanical tasks?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there is no point in placing such button on the "startup screen" as in fact most hardware does not require booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter to be recognized properly. In other words, this workaround is issue-specific and therefore we do not have plans to implement such button in the future Acronis True Image versions.

Please also note that, as it is pointed out in Acronis Help Post, if one encounters a problem and booting with "acpi=off noapic" or any other special parameter(s) solves it then he\she can always submit a request for technical support and obtain a download link for the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD having these particular parameters included.

The procedure of adding parameters to Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is described in this previous thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.