Copy virus signature database to another computer?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MicaX27, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicaX27

MicaX27 Registered Member

I convinced a friend of mine to give NOD32 a try when his Norton license expired a few days ago. He installed the trial version of NOD32 Antivirus 4, but he can't seem to complete the initial 17 MB virus signature database update. Maybe it's because he's on dialup, but once the update gets to the 10%-40% completed point, there'll either be a server error, or the progress indicator will suddenly jump to 100% completed, accompanied by a message saying that the update was completed successfully when, unfortunately, it wasn't. The virus signature database is still dated 20090518 (#4083). My question: Is there any way I can load my up-to-date virus signature database on an USB drive and then copy it to my friend's computer? If so, which files do I need to copy and which files need to be replaced/overwritten on my friend's computer?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

there isnt any solution to do an offline update for ESET AV/ESS Home, you must do online update.

3. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

No, this is not humanly possible.

4. Nerimash

Nerimash Registered Member

Discussing unsupported illegal tools is not allowed. Post removed.
    Marcos

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Please , refer to this KB article to fix the update problem:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2071#soln2071_video

Perform the recommendations in Safe Mode

And remind your frient that we are in 21st cenutury - he/she should immediately start using high speed internet connection :)

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Yeah, great if you can get one. What about all the people in many countries who cannot get a broadband connection?

7. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Then nod32 might not be the product for them. But all the AV software today require a internet connection to be up to date.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What are these countries without connection with speed not enough to update NOD32?
    Some AVs require active internet connection to even install themselves , other to register and start to use . No internet , no AV .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.