Copy/Update Errors

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ErikAlbert, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Copy/Update from Archive to Snapshot creates errors during "Verifying"

Error - Wrong size or date of "WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt"
    Actual contents :

Error - Wrong size or date of "WINDOWS\wiaservc.log"
    Actual contents :
    I don't think these (possibly known) errors are important and can be ignored, since they are Windows .log-files. Nevertheless these errors should be corrected in the program.

I better don't "Verify" anymore, maybe that helps. Another function that doesn't work properly in FDISR.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Erik

If they are windows logs they might have actually changed.

Pete

3. ErikAlbert

I unmarked "Verify destination snapshot after copy" under Tools/Options/Tasks, which is the default setting and I have no errors anymore. Not really an ideal solution, but this copy/update cleans my off-line snapshot completely, until I find another solution. :)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Doesn't sound like to bad a solution right now. If I am doing stuff that won't require a reboot, I will use Returnil, but I always back it up with an update FDISR archive That will never go away.

5. ErikAlbert

That was my idea too for the near future, to recover my off-line snapshot from temporary objects (registry, folder, files ...) installed by softwares, while they are doing their job, especially video related softwares, but also other softwares create garbage.
    I don't need these temporary objects anymore, when the job is done, they only increase the volume of my harddisk unnecessarily.
    Since I can have only ONE frozen snapshot, I have to use Returnil for my off-line snapshot.

My on-line snapshot is still frozen, because Returnil can't handle new softwares that require a reboot.

Returnil can't replace FDISR, because it has only ONE "snapshot" so to speak. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.