copy registry settings

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pooorboy, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pooorboy

pooorboy Registered Member

Can I just copy the registry settings that spyware uses to protect my system? Between spywareblaster and spybot I have copied these 6 registry settings.
    "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\p3p\history"
    "hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\p3p\history"
    "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\activex compatibility"
    "hkey_users\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\p3p\history"
    "hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\zonemap\domains"
    "hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\zonemap\ranges"
    By copying these settings onto another machine that does not have spywareblaster, am I protecting that machine? After installing these settings and then installing spywareblaster, it says nothing is protected. Is this just a program setting or is there another setting that I am missing?

2. steveUK

steveUK Guest

why not just use spyware blaster instead of copying settings. how did you copy the settings? copying can be done if you export the last subkey of each ie domains etc. in regedit and importing to another pc, but should not be done unless your competent with regedit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.