COPY OS OPTION w/ browser and surfing A-OK

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by cortez, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cortez

cortez Registered Member

The COPY "Operating system" OPTION finally allowed me to get a 'separate' "internet Partion" (really a hidden folder acting as a quasi partition ) when all other methods failed: DD10 was overwritten when installing an XP "New Operating System" with Factory Restore Disks. Tried many times and it just would not obey DD10 to install onto the designated NTFS partition. I also tried the "COPY PARTITION" OPTION (set active as instructed in the manual) and it went unrecognized by "OS SELECTOR". It emerged from booting as primary but not active and thus unbootable. As this copied partition contained "BOOTWIZ" I expected the STAND ALONE version of DD10 to reactivate it, but it didn't. After one week I am still able to "internet" without any major problems as yet from the "BOOTWIZ" folder. The ability to use OS SELECTOR is unimpaired and I can boot into the original OS or its COPY at will. I still hope to get a copy of the FACTORY RESTORE software onto its own protected partition (DD10 warned that this COPIED 'Operating System' was at risk somehow when I created it). One thing for sure is that I am learning a whole mess more than I expected!! (this was also foretold in the manual).

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

p.s. When DD10 stated that all of the" Operating System" would be copied it really DID so (and more). All of WINDOWS along with ALL other software including all settings, SP2, screensaver, antivirus ,firewall and all of the Browser were all put into BOOTWIZ . Amazing! It took a while ( around 4 gigs) but so far it works as good as the original. I got onto the web with just two clicks !

It took a while but it did a good job copying as all works as well as the original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.