Copy image from secure zone to another drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Access Denied, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I have a very important image in the secure zone that I would like to copy to another hard drive I have in my computer for storage. How might I go about this? :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Elliot --

Actually, there is no way of doing so. I may only suggest, that you restore from this image, then create an image again (it will be the same obviously, as it will be an image of the system that was restred from the initial image from Acronis Secure Zone) and copy it wherever you want.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response. :)

4. Cha?

Cha? Guest

Or you can - by some means - unhide the secure zone (modified?) FAT partition and then access it as if it was a normal drive unit.
    Another work around : use a linux bootable CD (Knoppix LiveCD for example) that can see every (even hidden) partitions.
    I hope it helps!

5. toddbecker

toddbecker Registered Member

Really? What is the value of the ASZ then? I created the ASZ on my machine with the thought that if I ever installed something that hosed my machine, I would be able to revert to a scheduled image from the ASZ using the rescue CD and an image I burn onto a CD when I decide to revert.

Wouldn't I be better off just creating my own personal partition that functions the same as the ASZ, with the added ability of allowing me to burn the images to CD for recovery?

Todd (confused n00b)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Todd,

The main advantage of Acronis Secure Zone is that it is not available for any Windows applications and you can't lose the data in it launching some program (ecluding those which format drive) or because of virus attack. However if you boot from Acronis Rescue CD you will be able to restore the image stored in Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. DiGiTaLeX

DiGiTaLeX Guest

If you want to clone a PC and you have done it that way, simply go into acronis secure zone manager, click remove zone, and where it says "Where do you want the free space to go" Dont select anything... Then after it has finished go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage/Disk Management

Now right click on the unpartioned space and click new partition :)
    Voilla :p

Now make ANOTHER image and stick it in there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.