Copy external hard drive to external.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dolbinau, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolbinau

dolbinau Registered Member

Hi:

I want to:

* Clone my internal hard drive to my external one. (I believe this is possible with the 'disk clone' feature)

* [Test a few things out]

* Copy the external hard drive contents back to the internal hard drive.

Is it possible to do this with your product? Or can I only create disk images to do this? (I didn't really understand whether or not this is possible by reading information about the product on the website)

thanks

2. Pinchas

Pinchas Registered Member

Assuming that you're going to use ATIH 10.0

a. Yep, you will be able to clone disks. Check the corresponding chapter in user guide.
    b. in fact, you can do it, but the clone tool option is for another purpose, i.e. transfer data from old drive to a new one.

In your case, I wouda recommend jus create full backup image onto ext drive, test wat ya need on the internal and then using restore option restore the image as it was.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You might find my guiides useful. Link below.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dolbinau,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, it is possible to clone drives as well as create image archives.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.