copy a hard disc

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by juliang, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juliang

juliang Registered Member

I wish to use Drive Copy to put a copy of a hd on another hd to be used in another pc. The hd has xp and some other programs.

Should I first format the drive before attempting to copy? I have a magazine mounted copy and though Help talks about formatting I could not see it in a menu.

The new hd was mounted in an external usb linked enclosure. I tried to format using xp but it it was not successful.

Drive copy went through the process of copying the hd's contents and this appeared to be successful. However using a linix program I could not find any a files on the copied hd.

Any ideas?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

I don't have XP , but this may help:

Initialize Disk:

New disks appear as Not Initialized. Before you can use a disk, you must first initialize it. If you start Disk Management after adding a disk, the Initialize Disk Wizard will appear, so you can initialize the disk.
    So, right-click the disk you want to initialize, and then click Initialize Disk; in the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize.

Detect new disks installed:

To detect new installed disks right click on Disk Management and select Rescan disks. This action will reveal the new disks added to your computer. If the installed disk is not shown restart the computer.

Create a partition or a logical drive:

To do that, right-click an unallocated region of a basic disk, and then click New Partition, or right-click free space in an extended partition, and then click New Logical Drive. In the New Partition Wizard, click Next, Primary partition, Extended partition, or Logical drive, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

3. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I know other products automatically format as they write or before but Im not sure about drive copy. But yes you need to format/

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

He tried that but XP wasn't successful .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.