Cops fined £80,000 for revealing childhood abuse victims' names

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mood, Jun 14, 2018.

1. mood

mood Updates Team

Cops fined £80,000 for revealing childhood abuse victims' names
    Bulk email error blabs 56 identities and email addresses
    June 14, 2018

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/14/cops_fined_for_revealing_childhood_abuse_victims_names/

2. mood

mood Updates Team

Brit watchdog fines child sex abuse inquiry £200k over mass email blunder
    Breach identified potential victims taking part in probe
    July 18, 2018

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/..._abuse_inquiry_200k_fine_for_security_breach/

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Damn, gotta watch that CC stuff. Many have lost their jobs over CC vs BCC :(

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

We had a large email "blow up" scenario over that same issue. One of my two Admin Asst's sent out an email, without my preview by the way, and instead of using BCC sent hundreds of names via CC instead. We had two individuals take that info and create a real hassle sending transmissions to folks they should never have had email addresses for. It was a PR nightmare for me as General Manger over the area. I trust this long term employee completely and she was devastated by her blunder.

I wonder if any email provider would consider removing CC as an option without specifically "tick boxing" it? Each instance of using CC would require a "tick box" with no auto available CC otherwise? Simple to "tick box" but at least you would have to pause and consider CC as an option!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.